Liz Bigler is one of Georgia’s most experienced English as a Second Language instructors. She opened Bigler ESL in 2012 after a long career of teaching Japanese people. Some of her professional highlights include:
- Lived and taught English in Japan for 3 years
- Has been teaching English to Japanese speakers (and others!) for over 20 years.
- Holds master’s degree in Applied Linguistics and ESL from Georgia State University
- Holds certificate in “Teaching Accent Reduction to English Language Learners” from the University of Georgia
- Is a certified instructor of the Compton P-ESL Accent Modification method
- Speaks conversational Japanese
- Specializes in the typical problems Japanese speakers have with English vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation.
- Has taught TESOL certificate program (to teachers of ESL) at Kennesaw State University.
- Teaches ESL at the intensive English program at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Taught at Seigakuin Atlanta International School for 10 years.
- Is a member of TESOL International and Georgia TESOL.
Roxanne Vik Roxanne Vik has worked with Japanese adults and children of all levels since 2014, and joined Bigler ESL in the summer of 2015. She has the certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) from the University of Georgia. Based in Duluth, she teaches ladies, schoolchildren, and businessmen at our Peachtree Corners office. She loves teaching, hiking, and the color pink! Roxanne says, "I love helping people feel confident about feeling heard and understood."
Bill Parson has a certificate in teaching ESL (TESOL) from Kennesaw State University, a bachelor's degree in Mathematics, and an associate's degree in electronics technology. He has over 20 years of classroom experience, teaching ESL and other subjects. Based in the Peachtree City area, Bill teaches on site Business English in a corporate environment, and one-on-one private lessons. He says, “My love of teaching and the feeling I get when I do something to help someone take a step forward in their life are enormously fulfilling and gratifying. I’m really happy to be a part of Bigler ESL.”
Donna Blanton has taught ESOL for more than 4 years. She earned her Global TESOL (ESL) Certification from the University of Georgia, and has been teaching with Bigler ESL since spring of 2016. Based in Norcross, she teaches private and semi-private lessons in our Peachtree Corners office and in student homes. In addition, Donna is a certified French teacher (grades P-12) and has taught French in public and private schools for over 10 years. She is now enthusiastically learning about Japanese language and culture from her students at Bigler ESL.
“It is a great pleasure getting to work with my Japanese students and helping them to improve their English skills. During our speaking and writing practice time, I particularly enjoy learning about their families,Saturday Japanese school activities, and trips back home to Japan! ARIGATO for this special opportunity as an ESOL teacher and learner of other cultures!”